eLearning is increasingly becoming a staple in training employees. As a result, where does the tried-and-true method of face-to-face learning (or “ILT”, which stands for “instructor led training”), with a trainer or teacher, come into play? Is eLearning causing face-to-face learning to become outmoded or obsolete? The reality might indicate otherwise; eLearning and face-to-face, while although different learning styles, could go hand in hand. Let’s take a look at the advantages of eLearning and ILT.
- Flexibility: Generally, there’s some flexibility when taking eLearning training and/or classes; not only can eLearning be taken at any time the learner wants, learners can also take eLearning from anywhere in the world. This allows users to fit learning independently into their schedules.
- Self-Paced Learning: Instead of having to work in a constrained amount of time, eLearning lets users work at their own pace. Often, eLearning courses have functionality to review different topics and interactions, which can reinforce learning.
- Personal Interaction: ILT allows learners and instructors to interact face to face. In my personal experience, while I was in school or during corporate training sessions, being able to ask the professor or trainer questions directly was very helpful.
- Ease of Questions Answered: Learners can have their questions answered in real time, using examples or problems they’ve encountered at that time.
- Ease of Networking: Interacting with and taking advantage of the experiences of the instructor and other learners is simple and immediate. it is simple to demonstrate a technique, display a problem, and leverage the group environment for the benefit of everyone involved.
eLearning and ILT are instructional methods that each have their own set of pros and cons. Based on the topic, the learner, schedule, and many other factors, the two types of experiences can hold great benefits for training.
Want to learn more about Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations? Visit academy.rsmus.com for eLearning courses and information about our hosted training classes in Denver! You can also contact our Microsoft Dynamics experts at RSM (855) 437-7201.