If you are looking for a robust, cost effective ERP solution in the health care industry, you should evaluate Microsoft Dynamics GP. Microsoft Dynamics GP software offers core accounting, financial reporting, purchasing, materials management and other functionality that works extremely well in many health care facilities. Although it can be a fit for many types of healthcare organizations some of the most common include;
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC)
- Assisted Living / Long-Term Care Facilities
- Multi-Site Facilities including Clinics
There are many reasons to consider Dynamics GP over other ERP solutions. Outlined below are solid reasons why a healthcare organization should implement Dynamics GP.
- Tried-and-True – Dynamics GP is an effective and reliable tool. The original versions or this product have around since the early 90’s with Microsoft purchasing it in 2001. Microsoft has continued to develop the product and enhance its core functionality. The current install base is approximately 47,000 companies. You should have comfort in knowing that other health care companies have implemented this before and you are not one of the first.
- Cost Effective – We have seen some organizations implementing Dynamics GP because it costs quite a bit less than products like Lawson and other industry solutions, and still offers the functionality needed to manage the business. You will also see costs savings with the ability to streamline processes, improve decision making, and increase productivity. The overall investment in software, implementation and support services tend to be lower than some of these competitive products. These saving can then be invested in enhancing patient care.
- Configurable – The system is easily configurable without programming changes. Each module has setup options to tailor to your company. Samples would be payment terms, general ledger account format, fiscal years, account budgets, EFT file formats and many more.
- Flexible Reporting Options – One of the key financial reporting tools is called Management Reporter. You have the ability to design meaningful financial reports that include statistical information. There is no need to prepare this data in Excel. The report design allows flexible formatting with the standard Windows fonts, adding logos’ and adding comments. Reports can be distributed many ways including through SharePoint for easy access by others outside the finance group.
Other reporting tools like Excel Refreshable reports allow others outside of Dynamics GP to access data through Excel provided you have the correct security.
- Integration Functionality – Dynamics GP has the tools to be able to integrate with other systems within organization. The ability to automate upload of revenue, cash receipts, patient and other statistics is done often and should not be a major undertaking. One or more of these interfaces are a part of most implementations.
- Core Accounting including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Positive Pay and EFT Processing
- Management Reporter (financial reporting)
- Payroll and Human Resources
- Materials Management (Inventory tracking for Central Store and other supplies)
- Requisition Processing and Approvals
- Encumbrance Management
- Multi Entity Management
- Fixed Assets
An example of this is RSM’s implementation to an Upper Midwest Private Health Care Corporation where the Microsoft Dynamics GP solution enhanced an existing Epic EMR system. The team implemented a comprehensive ERP system including Microsoft Dynamics GP financials, Dynamics GP Payroll and Dynamics GP Human Resources, Paramount Technologies WorkPlace Requisition, and Binary Stream Materials Management to integrate with the organization’s current Epic EMR system.
RSM offers full range of services to health care organizations. Contact us to learn how we can help your health system at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 855.437.7202.
By: Susan Laux-Maede – National Microsoft Dynamics partner for health care systems