Gone are the days of working 9:00 to 5:00 at the same office Monday through Friday. Today’s work environment is always changing and far more mobile than ever. This coupled with businesses adopting the “BYOD” model (Bring Your Own Device), adds a level complexity to the IT organization when trying to keep up with your mobile employees.
NetSuite Cloud ERP can be accessed from virtually any web browser from anywhere you have an internet connection which is only one of its attractive features, but what if your employees are not in front of a computer all day? What if you have a mobile Sales or Services team? We often hear from clients about their struggle with employees not only submitting Time & Expenses in a timely fashion, but more so with upper management approving these and purchase records. NetSuite’s Mobile Application bridges the gap allowing your mobile employees to quickly and easily access their records through their mobile device.
What can this mobile app do?
- Expense Reporting: Quickly & easily snap receipt images to create draft expense reports while on the go. Once completed, you can submit for approval either within the app or your browser
- Time Reporting: track and submit project time or timesheets for management approval
- Purchase Ordering: submit and track status of Purchase Orders
- Approvals: review and approve submitted expense, time and purchase request entries either entered via the web or mobile applications
- Access Custom Buttons: the latest iPhone mobile application version now supports record custom buttons added via custom workflow (currently only available with Apple devices)
- Real Time Updates: once a record is modified on the mobile application, that change is available to all users. System Information Notes visible on the mobile and web, tracks changes made by the mobile device as such using the “Mobile” context
- Enforced Security: Users automatically gain the same level of record access including View, Edit, Delete as available through the web in their Standard or Custom Roles. Administration allows you to only grant roles you wish access to login through the mobile app and track Employees who log in via the mobile app as well as the device type & software version used
- Access to Custom & Standard Reminders: tap and display reminder results from the home dashboard drilling all the way through results (currently only available with Apple devices)
- Dashboards & Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): currently only available with Apple devices
- NetSuite Calendar & Assigned Tasks
- Global Search
- …and much more!
How can I enable this for my Employees?
Mobile App access is available by default to Employees accessing NetSuite using a Standard Role. Custom Roles can be granted access by adding the “Mobile Device Access” permission through the Permissions > Setup tab.
Note: you must first enable the Web Services feature in Setup > Company > Enable Features > SuiteCloud > SuiteTalk (Web Services)
Although the Android version has a bit of catching up to do with the Apple one, we see both versions still providing users great opportunities for efficiency while on the road.
Stay tuned for more exciting features and devices to be released by NetSuite including Windows and Apple Watch support as announced at SuiteWorld 2015!
For more information on this topic or others related to NetSuite, reach out to our national NetSuite practice at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 855.437.7202.
By: Jill Nadeau — Boston NetSuite Solution Provider