If you are a daily user of NetSuite you are most certainly familiar with the twice-yearly New Release portlet on your dashboard similar to the one below.
NetSuite Release 2016.2 will be available very soon and there is new, valuable functionality that will benefit you as a NetSuite customer regardless of the industry you are in. Below are some highlights of this new release from the Release 2016.2 Sneak Peek site.
What’s new in Release 2016.2?
Below is high-level overview of some of the many new features.
- New robust SuiteBilling capabilities help configure, sell, and bill your subscription services and recognize revenue correctly.
- New and exciting SuiteCloud Development Framework makes it easier for customers and partners to build and deploy account customization projects.
- Personalize your dashboard with easy drag and drop SuiteApps and reminders.
- New end to end mobile approvals provides more control and productivity boost.
- SuiteCloud Platform and industry feature highlights for manufacturing, retail, services, software and Internet companies, and wholesale distribution.
- NOTE: Videos are available for all topics in bold above when accessing the Release 2016.2 Sneak Peek site.
When will my NetSuite instance be upgraded to Release 2016.2?
- The New Release portlet you see when you log in will show you the date you will be able to preview Release 2016.2 with your own data as well as the date and time that your live instance will be upgraded to Release 2016.2.
- NOTE: If NetSuite needs to make a change to the upgrade date you will be notified upon your next login
How can I prepare for Release 2016.2?
NetSuite supplies a number of resources for you to learn about the new functionality in Release 2016.2 and how it may impact your organization or your personal usage of NetSuite on a daily basis.
It is highly recommended that all users of NetSuite, but especially the designated NetSuite administrator(s), use these resources and communicate any high-impact changes to the NetSuite team.
Also, all critical business flows should be tested using the Release Preview environment and instructions for accessing and using this environment can be found using the lni
How can RSM help with the Release 2016.2 upgrade?
In addition to the tools mentioned above, RSM can also provide personal assistance with your Release 2016.2 and future NetSuite upgrades by reviewing your current active modules, assessing any customizations that have been made, designing a personalized upgrade plan, provide user training, and more.
If you have any NetSuite customization or consulting needs, including guidance through the Release 2016.2 upgrade, the NetSuite professionals at RSM can help. We are a NetSuite Solution Provider and a NetSuite Systems Integrator partner, and have more than 30 years experience implementing ERP solutions. We’ll provide you with industry insight, project management and the technical resources you need to make your project a success. Contact RSM at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 855.437.7202 .
By: Gary Leitner – Colorado NetSuite Solution Provider