When you use Sage Intacct, you will find that the cloud-based accounting system can be tailored to meet your company’s needs in countless ways. Within the system, Customization Services and Platform Services can both be used to make adjustments that will help make your business more productive and efficient.
Customization Services allows you to make changes to data and standard objects that are part of Intacct.
With Customization Services you can create:
- Custom Reports: Different from financial reports which are based on GL account groupings, custom reports can be built to include individual records and fields, as well as your company’s non-financial operational data.
- Custom Fields: You can capture data specific to your business needs by creating custom fields, which can then be used as part of standard forms in Intacct. Note that most of the features in Customization Services will use data collected in custom fields.
- Custom List Views: Go beyond the standard list views included with Intacct to arrange, filter and sort your lists so that they appear exactly how you want to see them. For instance, you could set up a list of accounts receivable invoices to be displayed by customer or by amount.
With Customization Services, you can also generate Smart Rules, which are validation rules that give users a warning or error message when certain conditions are met. You can also create Smart Events that trigger emails, log entries or API calls. Custom packages are sets of rules that can be built outside of the system and then installed to use in Intacct.
Add applications to Sage Intacct with Platform Services
Platform Services includes the same functionality as Customization Services but with some additional capabilities. Examples include creating custom objects, custom modules and custom applications that will all work as part of the system.
Developers can employ the Platform Services toolset to add enhancements to Sage Intacct to meet specific needs. So if your business depends on a unique process, Intacct can be adjusted to include applications to automate procedures that were once done manually. These applications might include data entry, workflows, automated actions and reporting.
Here are three examples of possible Platform Service applications:
- If your company relies on spreadsheets to track its collection calls, you could build a Platform Services function to handle this tracking, then link it to the customer and invoice information already in Intacct.
- A custom transaction could be built to incorporate multiple levels of approvals and user-defined books, giving your company a more robust approval system than what’s already included with Intacct, plus the ability to post to an unposted book.
- You could use Platform Services to build a portal for your vendors or customers. With this portal, your vendors and/or customers could log in to see specific system data, like invoices or bills.
Solutions in Platform Services can be generated by your own employees. They will need to have permission to use Platform Services and any object that may be part of the solution, as well as full administrator status within Intacct. If you would prefer to use an external resource to develop Platform Services for your company, you can get help with a build from an Intacct-ready Partner or take advantage of the many custom offerings that are part of the Intacct Marketplace.
Want to find out more about how Sage Intacct Customization Services and Platform Services can help your business operate more efficiently?
Schedule a time to talk with one of the experts at RSM today.