How mobility and cloud are empowering consumers and connecting employees – changing the way business is conducted
With mobile technologies constant and rapid evolution, with purchasing of mobile technologies outpacing “desktop” technologies nearly three to one, companies are faced with challenging and changing internal and external customer expectations.
As employees and consumers, we live in a constantly connected world. As expectations for access, delivery, and agility of information increase, companies need to consider how this evolution is impacting core business mission, vision, and values.
“In today’s ever more technology-centric world, the stodgy IT department isn’t considered the home of innovation and business leadership. Yet that might have to change as some of the biggest advances in the history of technology make their way into the front lines of service delivery.” By Dion Hinchcliffe – ZDNet.com
Any IT modernization discussion should include considerations for how mobility and cloud technologies can enhance productivity, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. Critical to these discussions are the following questions.
- Impact to mission, vision, and values – How does mobility and cloud technology alter core business practices, expectations, and overall business strategy?
- How do mobility and cloud technologies factor into effectively catering to the markets served?
- How large is the gap between what the technology world is executing and what the enterprise can deliver?
- What are reasonable expectations for reliability and performance?
- How do regulatory compliance requirements impact customer expectations, and where’s the sweet spot between benefit and risk?
- Is your organization prepared to treat mobile devices as equal citizens in IT strategies?
- How can mobile and cloud technologies enhance collaboration within geographically dispersed teams?
The value of mobile and cloud technologies are embodied in our 21st century nomadic and hyper-connected lives. We think less in terms of boundaries between work locations, platforms. Our patience for poor performance and latency dwindles as quickly as the array of device options increases. The power of the office in the palm of your employees’ hands is quickly moving from IT fiction to IT fact.
RSM has implemented and partnered with industry leading mobility and cloud platforms, we’d welcome the opportunity to assist with your evaluation of needs and cloud computing. To learn more about our cloud and mobility services check out our RSM Cloud Portfolio video and our Mobility landing page. For more information on this or other ways to increase IT efficacy, contact RSM’s technology consulting professionals at 800.274.3978 or email us.