In Dynamics AX implementation, sometimes you need to know the table relations for one reason or the other. For example, if you need to share data across companies using virtual company, it will be helpful to know the relations before you can decide which tables to include in the table collection.
In Dynamics AX, relations can be defined on a table object to connect tables with each other. Normally relations are defined as below:
- Next to relations defined on the table itself
- It is also possible that a relation on an Extended data type connects tables in Dynamics AX
This class reads the data dictionary and creates a csv file with all relations defined on the table or defined on extended data types existing for that table. As such, you get an overview of the metadata of the AX data dictionary. You can also run the script for all tables in your data model of your Dynamics AX application. To do so, don’t specify a table when starting the class.
1. Import the project/class in Dynamics AX 2012.
2. Run the class and specify the directory where you would like to create the csv file and the Table for which you want to find the relations.
3. Click OK
4. Look in the folder specified and you would see a csv file as below