Create Record Workflow Action
Purpose: Automatically create a project record upon saving a Quote/Sales Order and link records together.
- Add a custom field on the project record called “Created From Transaction” to populate with the Quote/Sales Order from which the project was generated.
- Create a Workflow for Record Type = Transaction and Sub-types = Quote, Sales Order.
- Run the workflow on Create or View or Update with Condition = Project field is empty.
- Within the workflow state, add the ‘Create Record’ action with Trigger = After Record Submit and use the following parameters:
- Record Type = Select ‘Project’ as the record type to create
- Store Result in = Select the field to populate with the new project number (e.g. Project)
- Use the ‘Field’ lines under the Parameter section to populate the new custom ‘Created From Transaction’ project field with the originating Quote/Sales Order number:
- Field = Created From transaction
- Selection = Current Record
- Identify any other custom fields on the Project record that you’d like to copy over from the Quote/Sales Order:
- Field (from Project) = Sales Rep, Value Field (from Quote/SO)= Sales Rep
- Field = Order Type, Value Field = Order Type
- Save the workflow.
Result: When a new Quote/Sales Order is saved, a project record will be automatically created with fields populated based on parameters assigned in steps 5 and 6.
For more information on this topic or others related to NetSuite, contact RSM at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 855.437.7202.
By: Laura Miller