A big advantage of NetSuite as an ERP/CRM system is the ability to view and interact with your data from anywhere. While you can do that from any device with an internet connection, being productive on your phone or tablet is easier with an app interface. This is critical to the efficiency of personnel who value mobility.
At SuiteWorld 2014, NetSuite announced that they would release an Android app with similar functionality to the iPhone app that was released last year. Now we know more of the specifics.
Using the new app, executives can access their dashboard to review Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and drill into results while boarding a plane. Sales people can update lead/customer data or convert an estimate to a sales order for a rush job. Project managers can approve time and expense entries from the beach.
Full capabilities include:
- Home dashboard synchronization. Access key performance indicator (KPI) metrics and scorecards, trend graphs, report snapshots and more.
- Full record support. Create, edit, delete, and view key record types including leads, customers, sales orders, invoices, expense reports and more.
- Business action support. Approve sales orders and expense reports, convert estimates, accept customer payments, bill sales orders and more.
- Complete activity management. Manage calendars across list, week and month views, and view other calendars including those of fellow employees.
- Record customization support. All existing customizations including custom forms, fields and scripts are supported.
- Complete time and expense management. Manage time tracking and expenses quickly and easily, including bulk uploads of multiple images of receipts captured on mobile devices.
- Saved searches. Get all the results and drill down to the record level using any existing NetSuite Saved Search.
- Expanded swipe action support. Map customer locations, initiate phone calls, respond to events, or quickly switch into Edit mode.
- Localization. Instantly adapts to specified NetSuite language settings and supports multiple currencies.
The initial launch of the NetSuite for Android application is expected to be available in December of 2014, with a full rollout in early 2015.
By: Josh Ferguson – Minnesota NetSuite Solution Provider