One of the benefits of a SaaS system, such as NetSuite, is the continuous stream of new features. NetSuite provides two upgrades per year. Here are some enhancements that caught my attention in the 2013.1 release:
- Manufacturing routing can now be used to track complex work order operations. Resource, overhead, and quantity costs can be tracked to each operation in a work order routing process.
- Work in process (WIP) can now be tracked through the work order process. During the assembly building process, debits are posted to WIP, offset by credits to material inventory or other expenses. When the assembly is complete, a credit is posted to WIP, offset by a debit to finished goods inventory.
- A new option has been added to check on where component items are used within assembly items.
- Spanish (Latin America) is now a user language preference.
- New option for positive pay (also known as safe pay) to include all vendor payment types. Positive pay allows you to send a listing of checks that have been processed in NetSuite, to your banking institution, so that any checks outside of the listing will not be cashed by your bank. Additionally, an option for using pad locks, in ACH communication, has been added to support those specific banking requirements.
- Duplicate detection warnings have been added to the data entry process. Users will be warned of possible duplicates as they are entering data. The maximum number of duplicates to merge at one time has been increase from 10 to 200.
- The ability to view employee actual time has been added to the Resource Manager SuiteApp. This enables project managers to have better visibility into actual plus planned time details by resource.
There are many other new features in the latest release and NetSuite’s continues to add new features in all areas of the product, multiple times a year. If you would more information about these features or the other features released in this version, please contact our professionals at 855.437.7202.
By: Matt Bailey – Colorado NetSuite Solution Provider