The New Release Portlet Will Provide Important Resources:
Release Preview Date
- When your Release Preview/Demo environment will be ready. This Release Preview environment will be an exact copy of your Production Live environment, however with the new release features applied.
- This is your scheduled Production System Upgrade Date & Time. On this date & time your NetSuite Production environment will become unavailable for a short period while they perform your upgrade.
- Any Sandbox environments will be upgraded at the same time or just following your Production environment. Sometimes the Sandbox is upgraded the following day.
- Please ensure your sandbox has been refreshed and you are no longer using the system.sandbox.netsuite.com domain.
- The Sneak Peeks page is a high-level overview of key updates that will be available first in your Release Preview environment and then in your Production environment post upgrade. This is broken out by Feature highlights by industry.
- The 2021.1 document is a high level overview presentation of key updates that will be available first in your Release Preview environment and then in your Production environment post upgrade.
- The document prepared by RSM are not the complete release notes but is a highlight of key items.
- The Release Notes PDF is a more in depth description of all changes coming in Release 2021.1
Release Preview Test Plan
- Documented details about the Release Preview environment including how to configure settings within the Preview Environment and how to Report Issues – if any are found.
- They’ve also provided a sample Test Plan Template which you may use to design and complete test scenarios to validate critical processes within your NetSuite environment
Release Preview Login
- Login link for your upgraded test environment for 2021.1
- Login using your same username & current password as Production.
Note: if you’ve recently updated your Production password, you may have to use your previous password for this demo environment
New Release Training Videos
- NetSuite is currently conducting registered online training sessions which are recorded and added to their SuiteAnswers Learning Center. Be sure to check here often for newly posted videos!
Adding the New Release portlet to your Home Dashboard:
- From your home page, click Personalize
- Locate and click on New Release. This will add the portlet to the top of your home dashboard.
- Once the portlet is added, you may close the Personalize Dashboard window by clicking on the X in the upper right corner of the black box
Accessing the Release 2021.1 Training Videos:
- Open the SuiteAnswers Site by navigating to the Support tab > Go to SuiteAnswers
- Then locate the Training Videos link within the Additional Resources pane
- Training Videos will become available within 2021.1 New Feature Training section. Be sure to check back often for additional videos!
For more, see Release Notes 2021.1.0.
For more information on this topic or others related to NetSuite Implementation or NetSuite Pricing, contact RSM at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800.274.397.