NetSuite’s SuiteWorld conference was held in San Jose, Calif., May 4-7. RSM was again a Platinum sponsor for the event which included a booth on the expo floor. Our booth location near the SuiteLife area made it great to interact with NetSuite customers in an informal way. We were happy to welcome more than 300 people into our booth and discuss RSM’s storied partnership with NetSuite.
During Monday’s partner meeting RSM was announced as the Americas Solution Provider Partner of the Year for 2015. We also took home a five star sales award which was given based on our sales tier achievement during 2014. This is the 3rd year in a row that RSM has been put in the spotlight for a major award at SuiteWorld.
Image: members of the RSM team accepting NetSuite’s Americas Solution Provider Partner of the Year 2015 award
For those who had previously attended, there was a noted a change in the feel of the conference which was guided by NetSuite’s recent CMO of 6 months, Fred Studer. Attendees experienced more of a story telling experience vs. a traditional feature function display. This was seen throughout all the keynote speeches with a highlight on many NetSuite customers and how they are using NetSuite to enhance the customer experience.
Video: Fred Studer, CMO of NetSuite at 2015 SuiteWorld conference
In my opinion, the biggest announcement of the conference was around the partnership with Microsoft during Zach Nelson’s keynote speech. Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella through video announced a partnership between NetSuite’s cloud ERP and Microsoft’s Office and Azure platforms.
Video: Zach Nelson, CEO of NetSuite at 2015 SuiteWorld conference
Other key announcements around the product are the availability for SuiteCommerce InStore which brings the power of omnichannel into the store, giving a 360 degree customer profile and full featured POS. Later in 2015, partners will have availability to a new portal called my.NetSuite. Built on the SuiteCommerce platform, it allows you to see your users, see usage and manage your relationship with NetSuite. This will ultimately become a better experience for partners to be able to engage and provide better service to NetSuite customers.
There was a lot of information announced around new features of the product, I’d encourage you to watch Evan Goldberg’s keynote below. Here are a few of the topics that he covers:
- NetSuite Android app
- Apple watch and Windows 10 (coming soon)
- Intelligent Order Management
- Custom Segments
- Advanced PDF/HTML Templates
- Advanced Revenue Recognition
- SuiteApp Development Framework
- Application Performance Monitor
- Vendor monitoring and sourcing powered by Dun & Bradstreet
- Punchout to Amazon Business
Video: Evan Goldberg, CTO, Chairman of the Board and Founder of NetSuite at 2015 SuiteWorld conference
The key theme of the conference was disruption. NetSuite has been disrupting the ERP/CRM world for years now, and looking at the enhancements that they have delivered over the past few years shows the trajectory that the company is on to help NetSuite clients continually deliver a better experience for their customers and ultimately help them increase revenues and decrease costs.
A huge thank you to our RSM team who were able to attend the conference. If you spoke with one of them individually and are looking to connect with them, I’ve provided their LinkedIn information at the end of this post.
Oh, and we announced via twitter the winner of our booth raffle, which was a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones. The winner was Brian White of Printmail systems.
From our customer presentations given by Dogswell and BAMKO, to our successful client appreciation reception at Scott’s Seafood I think the conference was a big win for RSM as well as our NetSuite clients.
Connect with our RSM attendees:
- Nelly Abdelmessih – Southeast (McLean, VA)
- Jennifer Aiken – Great Lakes (Dayton, OH)
- Marquis Allen – West (Irvine, CA)
- Steve Alvater – Northeast (Moorestown, NJ)
- Kevin Buckner – National (Denver, CO)
- Robert Cratch – Southeast (Raleigh, NC)
- Erika Foss – Central (Denver, CO)
- Ashish Gadnis – Central (Minneapolis, MN)
- Felix Garbuz – Northeast (New York, NY)
- Michelle Hebding – Great Lakes (Schaumburg, IL)
- Les Jankiewicz – Great Lakes (Schaumburg, IL)
- Matt Kenney – National, (Denver, CO)
- Brent Knowles – National (Denver, CO)
- Chris Kutt – Central (Denver, CO)
- Theresa Putzier – Central (Minneapolis, MN)
- Sheldon Watson – West (San Diego, CA)
- Silke Wenzel – West (San Jose, CA)
By: Brent Knowles, National NetSuite Solution Provider