RSM’s cloud migration services are delivered based on a wealth of delivery experiences and lessons learned from hundreds of previous client engagements, while being guided by our well-defined and proven delivery process that encompasses the following five (5) phases:
- Phase 1: Discover & Assess: This phase ensures there is a common understanding of the current IT environment in scope, while addressing any gaps and open questions, and allowing for better prioritization, planning and high-level road-mapping of the cloud migration. This phase may entail examining data about system and application inventories, interdependencies, categorization, classification, usage, configuration, performance, and other elements related to the physical and virtual environments that are in scope for the journey.
- Phase 2: Plan & Roadmap: In this phase, the team finalizes the roadmap and project plan as it relates to aspects such as workload placements, application dispositions, move-groups, test plans, go-live logistics, and contingency planning. The core goal of this phase is to mobilize the project delivery team while establishing execution plans and high-level roadmaps to avoid pitfalls and ensure efficiency during the journey.
- Phase 3: Design & Architect: In this phase, design ideas are presented, and agreements are established regarding the design decisions and rationales, along with references architects, landing zones, and design diagram. Likewise, this phase leverages cloud design principles and well-architected framework to ensure the design leading practices are in place.
- Phase 4: Implement & Validate: In this phase, design components are developed into actual applications, workloads, services, platforms, and other cloud resources. Workloads and applications are migrated and validated in the cloud based on their respective design decisions from Phase 3.
- Phase 5: Transition & Closeout: This phase determines how and by whom the implemented and validated cloud environment will be operated and evolved on a continuous basis. During this phase, several knowledge transfer, transition, and closeout activities may occur, including system learning, job shadowing, reverse job shadowing, runbook, or as-built document development, and decommissioning of unwanted assets.
This delivery process ensures our clients’ workloads and applications realize a smooth journey onto a well-prepared framework that offers the greatest attributes of resiliency, scalability, cost-optimization, security, governance, and operational-excellence. Upon establishing a client’s landing zone, we further engage to migrate and modernize their workloads and applications.
RSM’s insights and portfolio of services reflect more than 30 years of technology advisory, delivery, and management experience. We work hard to understand your specific technology needs and provide the services to help you develop a customized, cost-effective solution.
Our guiding principles for a successful cloud migration also serve as the foundation for our risk mitigation approach. Our key guiding principles are as follows:
- Establish solid, across the board stakeholder buy-ins, designate a Journey Champion, while establishing effective collaboration and promoting visibility.
- Proper planning, adopting a strategic, forward-looking mindset, and being mindful of cost.
- Not overlooking security, network infrastructure, testing, and disaster recovery.
- Keeping It simple and progress iteratively with feedback along the way, while not opting for speed and setting unrealistic expectations.
- Focus on the new operating model while establishing a plan to keep the current operating environment stable.
The journey to the cloud requires thorough planning, meaningful collaboration, and a commitment to a well-defined cloud adoption framework. It is a gradual process that demands time and perseverance, with occasional challenges along the way. Remaining focused on avoiding common pitfalls and leveraging RSM’s vast talent pool will lead to achieving the key promises of a cloud adoption journey.
*Pricing will vary based on implementation scope and available Microsoft funding.
*Duration will vary based on implementation scope.
Swanston Benjamin: email@example.com