What is Extended Reality (XR)?
Extended reality refers to all real and virtual combined environments and human-machine interactions generated by computer technology and wearables.
Key XR Enterprise Scenarios
How can XR benefit to you company?
Training & Operations
- Step by step process training
- Remote expertise & guidance
- Job skills training
- Simulations of events, actions, or hypothetical situations
- Space planning and utilization
- 3D Data modeling and analytics
- 3D facilities/maps with overlays
- 3D medical/physical renderings
- Digital twin visualizations
Sales assist & Product experiences
- Virtual product experiences
- Virtual product options and configurations
Design & engineering
- Collaborative design
- Space/facility design
Microsoft XR Applications
What XR tools does Microsoft offer?
So what are we really talking about?
At it’s core we are simply putting digital objects into the real world. This can mean doing simulations on virtual objects, It can mean viewing or collaborating with 3D models, view virtual processes or testing ideas before moving into production. Or it can mean blending holograms and media to teach in situations. It can also mean bringing in remote experts to collaborate, instruct or debug a specific problem.
In this case the remote person having the ability to see exactly what you are seeing and communicating in real-time with shared vision, voice, body language and drawings.
Dynamics 365 Remote Assist
Remote Assist (on PC, iOS, and Android) brings augmented reality to the collaboration power of Microsoft Teams to enable immersive collaboration using video, audio, telestration tools and real-time document sharing.
- Experts are seconds away from helping on-site people solve problems in real time.
- Work can be observed in real time or remotely verified once it’s complete.
- Participants can share diagrams, draw or place arrows and graphics as part of the conversation.
Remote Assist FAQ’s
Dynamics 365 Guides
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Guides is a mixed-reality application for Microsoft HoloLens that helps operators learn during the flow of work by providing holographic instructions when and where they’re needed. These instruction cards are visually tethered to the place where the work is done, and can include images, videos, and 3D holographic models.
- No coding skills required to create mixed-reality guides
- Make a call to work collaboratively
- Improves productivity – learn by doing
- Continually analyze and improve processes
Help employees learn new skills faster by empowering employees through hands-on training created via powerful authoring tools.
- Enhance learning with step-by-step instructions that guide employees through the process.
- Guides training is self-guided with progress and speed tracked within the system.
- Increase cognition and recall using holograms, videos, photos and the hands-on experience of executing tasks.