Microsoft has released Update Rollup 16 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for on-premises customers. Update Rollup 16 contains over 150 fixes, many geared at the User Interface (UI) and Outlook Client. The majority of our on-premises clients have yet to make the leap Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, and that’s okay. Microsoft has not forgotten about those of us who continue to use Dynamics CRM 2011.
Below is just a small sampling of what is contained in the update:
- Email attachments are not being deleted from the dbo.Attachment table when their parent record is deleted.
- Clicking on report preview throws error on an Updated Organization from Update Rollup 6, “HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #3423D182”. Hiding the last field of a section does not hide the section. Hiding the last field of a tab does not collapse the tab.
- When you attempt to configure the outlook client for an organization and the organization friendly name matches an organization that you already have configured, you will be prompted that an organization with that display name already exists. If you then correct the display name and proceed with the configuration, configuration will succeed. However the next time that you launch the configuration wizard the wizard will fail to launch. “There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.”
- Reports do not render correctly after applying Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 12.
- Memory growth is experienced in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Outlook when the Activity Feeds Solution is present in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online organization.
- You cannot import a solution which contains an out of the box chart where that out of the box chart has been deleted in the destination system.
- Outlook crashes when you have ShortTel Communicator and CRM client for Outlook installed.
- And many more
You can find the full list of issues fixed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 16 KB article.
I am most excited about all the fixes for the Outlook Client, especially those that fix the memory issues and crashing while using the ShoreTell Communicator. I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to resolve some of these, and to know that there is a fix takes a huge weight off my shoulders.
If you are looking for support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, RSM offers a full range of services from implementation and optimization to development and support. We can help install updates or make configuration changes, contact our professionals for more information on our services at 855.437.7202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By: Jon Angell – Minnesota Microsoft Dynamics CRM Partner