The user attempted to delete a Fixed Asset in GP and received an error message that the “Asset ID is required.” This message indicates you have an asset record in the tables that has a blank asset ID. See the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:
- In SQL Server Man1agement Studio run the script below against the Company Database to find the asset:
**This will find the Asset with the blank Asset ID. Make note of the Asset Index number.
- Run the queries below to see if the asset exists in these tables:
***Replace XXXX with the Asset Index found in the first query
- You can then either update the Asset ID in the FA00100 or delete the Asset out of the SQL tables.
- If you want to update the Asset ID, and keep the Asset, run the following script to determine the DEX_ROW_ID for the record that has a blank Asset ID
- Next update the Asset ID by run the following script to update the record:
- If you would just like to delete the asset from the SQL tables, run the following scripts:
Contact our experts at RSM with your questions or concerns or call us at 1-855-437-7202.