Microsoft Co-Pilot is an AI-powered tool that assists Dynamics 365 users in writing better code and improving productivity. Co-Pilot uses machine learning to analyze your code and provide real-time suggestions for improvement. This results in faster, cleaner, and more maintainable code, which can lead to better business outcomes. In this blog post, we will explore the top benefits of using Microsoft Co-Pilot for Dynamics 365.
- Increased Productivity – One of the most significant benefits of using Microsoft Co-Pilot is the increased productivity it provides. Co-Pilot helps developers write code more efficiently, reducing the time and effort needed to complete tasks. This can free up time for developers to work on other critical projects, improving the overall productivity of your development team.
- Improved Code Quality – Another significant benefit of using Microsoft Co-Pilot is the improved code quality it provides. Co-Pilot analyzes the context of your code and provides suggestions for better code quality. This results in cleaner and more maintainable code, which can lead to fewer errors and faster development times.
- Accelerated Learning – As developers interact with Co-Pilot, the tool learns from their coding style and offers more accurate suggestions. This can help developers improve their coding skills and speed, accelerating the learning process. By using Co-Pilot, developers can improve their coding skills over time, leading to better business outcomes.
- Reduced Errors – Microsoft Co-Pilot offers suggestions for fixing code errors, leading to fewer bugs and less time spent debugging. This can result in faster development times, as developers can focus on writing code instead of fixing errors.
- Customizable Suggestions – Microsoft Co-Pilot can be customized to provide suggestions specific to your business processes. This can help developers write code more quickly and accurately, reducing the need for manual coding. By customizing Co-Pilot, you can improve the efficiency of your development team and reduce the time needed to complete projects.
EXAMPLES OF MICROSOFT CO-PILOT WITH DYNAMICS 365 SOLUTIONS
Dynamics 365 Business Central
Microsoft Co-Pilot is a game-changer for Dynamics 365 Business Central. One of its many benefits is its ability to streamline the creation of product listings for online commerce. With Co-Pilot, product attributes such as color, material, and size can be used to generate compelling product descriptions for online storefronts in a matter of seconds. This means that businesses can save time and resources by automating the process of creating product descriptions, which can be further customized by choosing tone of voice, format, and length.
Co-Pilot is particularly useful for Business Central customers who use Shopify as their e-commerce platform. With just a few clicks, customers can seamlessly publish their products with descriptions to their Shopify store, eliminating the need for manual entry and reducing the risk of errors.
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
Microsoft Co-Pilot is a powerful tool available in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management suite, helping businesses proactively address external issues that may impact their supply chain processes. Co-Pilot uses machine learning to flag potential issues such as weather, financials, and geography that could impact key supply chain processes. By identifying these issues before they become problems, businesses can take proactive steps to mitigate potential disruptions.
Co-Pilot provides predictive insights that surface impacted orders across materials, inventory, carrier, distribution networks, and more. This allows supply chain planners to quickly assess the impact of any external issues and take the necessary steps to address them. For example, Co-Pilot can automatically draft an email generated by Dynamics 365 to alert impacted partners and mitigate potential disruptions before they happen.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service
Microsoft Co-Pilot is a valuable tool available in Dynamics 365 Customer Service that empowers customer service agents to deliver exceptional care to their customers. With Co-Pilot, agents can draft contextual answers to queries in both chat and email, enabling them to quickly and accurately respond to customer inquiries. Co-Pilot also provides an interactive chat experience over knowledge bases and case history, ensuring that AI-powered expertise is always available to answer customer questions.
In addition to its chat and email capabilities, Co-Pilot also makes it easier for customer service departments to build virtual agents in minutes. With conversation boosters in Power Virtual Agents, businesses can harness the power of Azure OpenAI Service and Bing to provide answers from their company websites and internal knowledge bases that they choose. This not only helps customers get the information they need quickly but also helps businesses streamline their customer service operations.
Dynamics 365 Sales
Microsoft Co-Pilot is an invaluable tool available in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales that helps sellers streamline their sales workflows and reduce the time they spend on administrative tasks. Co-Pilot leverages the power of AI to write email responses to customers and even create an email summary of a Teams meeting in Outlook. The meeting summary pulls in key details from the seller’s CRM such as product and pricing information, as well as insights from the recorded Teams call.
This functionality is especially beneficial to sales professionals, who spend a significant amount of time on administrative tasks like checking and responding to emails. In fact, sellers can spend up to 66% of their day on these tasks, which can take away valuable time they could be spending engaging with customers. By automating email responses and meeting summaries, Co-Pilot in Dynamics 365 Sales gives sellers more time to focus on building relationships with their customers and closing deals.
Microsoft Co-Pilot can help with Microsoft Power Platform by providing AI-powered assistance to users building custom business applications. Co-Pilot can assist with the creation of Power Apps, Power Automate workflows, and Power BI reports by suggesting code snippets, formulas, and data visualizations.
For example, when building a Power App, Co-Pilot can suggest the appropriate formulas and functions to use based on the data type of a field. Co-Pilot can also suggest code snippets to use when building complex logic flows in Power Automate, making it easier for users to create custom workflows without having to write complex code. Co-Pilot can also provide insights into how applications are being used. For example, Co-Pilot can analyze data from Power BI reports and provide insights on how users are interacting with the application. This can help businesses identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions to improve the user experience.
Working with RSM
RSM is a leading Microsoft partner that helps businesses explore the latest tools and technologies that Microsoft brings out. With over 40 years of experience in the industry, RSM has a deep understanding of Dynamics 365 and can help businesses assess new tools and technologies.