Microsoft has released Update Rollup 1 for Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013. In my previous blog post, Update Rollup 3 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 released: install or not to install?”, I discuss which path you should take regarding Rollup Updates for Dynamics CRM 2013. You will notice Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Rollup 1 for Service Pack 1 is only for those who already have installed Service Pack 1 for Dynamics CRM 2013.
Update Rollup 1 for Dynamics CRM 2013 Service Pack 1 build version is 220.127.116.11. So for those with Dynamics CRM 2013 Service Pack 1, the path will be 6.1.000 > 18.104.22.168
Regarding Rollup 1 for Service Pack 1, it resolves about 50+ bugs and errors for Dynamics CRM 2013. The most important aspects about Rollup 1 for Service Pack 1 is that it resolves several Dynamics CRM Outlook client 2013 issues, such as the ones below:
- Forms lose focus when using lookup field in Dynamics CRM for Outlook
- Emails with attachments created while in Offline mode throw an error while going Online if user is set to use Dynamics CRM email form as the default email form for Outlook
- If there is a web resource being called using a button within the ribbon and resource is updated, the updates are not shown when the Dynamics CRM for Outlook client is Offline
Also, there are some bug fixes for upgrading Dynamics CRM 2011 to Dynamics CRM 2013.
- Cannot upgrade solutions with custom activity entities after upgrading from Dynamics CRM 2011 to Dynamics CRM 2013
- Consider this scenario where you have a Dynamics CRM 2013 environment that was upgraded or has 2011 customizations imported. When customizing an Entity’s new refreshed form using the “Merge Forms” functionality some Event Handlers are merged but do not appear in the Form Properties Event Handlers section. When adding the script event handlers manually it is observed that the scripts fire twice. This occurs for any control that already has a Dynamics CRM internal or manually added Event Handler on the target Refresh form.
If you still have questions about what updates you need for Dynamics CRM 2013 or how to install Rollup 1 Service Pack 1 for Dynamics CRM 2013? RSM offers a full range of Dynamics CRM services from implementation and optimization to development and support. We have been working with Dynamics CRM since version 1.o. Contact our professionals for more information on our services at 855.437.7202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
By: Hien Tieu – New Jersey Microsoft Dynamics CRM partner