I’ve run into several situations that when installing or updating the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Outlook, immediately after opening Outlook, Outlook crashes and has to close. If you go into Add-ins, and disable the Dynamics CRM for Outlook Client, Outlooks works normally. If you re-enable the Add in, Outlook immediately crashes when you open it. Try these steps to resolve this issue.
- Navigate to http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/releases/view/127629 and download the MFCMAPI tool, making sure to download the correct 32bit or 64bit version depending on what version of Outlook you are running.
- Unzip the downloaded file. From the extracted folder, double click on mfcmapi.exe.
- Click OK on the startup Screen.
- Click Session-> Logon. If you have more than one profile, select the profile which contains the folder you wish to alter.
- Double click on the mailbox store containing the folder you wish to alter (typically this will be represented/displayed as your email address, and Provider will be Microsoft Exchange Message Store).
- Expand Root. And then IPM_SUBTREE by clicking on the arrow to the left of each.
- Under IPM_SUBTREE > expand Tasks > Select CRMOrgmailboxPrefix_XXXXXXXX. On the right hand side its properties will be loaded.
- Open the property named PR_COMMENT. If it is empty, then delete the CRMOrgmailboxPrefix_XXXXXXXX folder completely.
- Close the MFCMapi.exe program. Open Outlook and reconfigure the Dynammics CRM Client for Outlook. You should be able to access Dynamics CRM Outlook client without any further crashes.
If you have questions about the resolution of this issue, please ask them in the comments. If you are looking for Microsoft Dynamics Support Specialist, RSM can help. Our professionals are certified for Microsoft Dynamics CRM with an average of fifteen years of CRM experience. Contact our professionals at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By: LaTonia Watne – Minnesota Microsoft Dynamics CRM partner