After attending a Partners only session of the upcoming new Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, I found one prominent feature which will be a welcomed change for my customers, which are the changes to the Mobile Client experience.
With the current Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 version, the Mobile Client is very limited in terms of functionalities. If you ever use CRM 2011 through an iPad or tablet, you will noticed several things:
Current Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 on iPad
- You can only access Sales entities (Accounts, Contacts, Leads, etc).
- You cannot search data from other entities.
- Custom entities are not supported.
- Lack of business process flows.
- Lack of control to mobile client entities from CRM settings.
- Dashboard limitations.
So, with Microsoft’s plan to greatly increase the mobility space with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, they have enhanced the Mobile Client to a whole new level. New user interface changes and added functionalities will allow your organization to work in a more flexible way and access data anywhere.
Upcoming changes to the Mobile Client in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013:
- Access to all entities of Sales (Marketing and Services areas are to be determined).
- Access to custom entities (major change).
- Multi-entity search (ability to search across multiple entities available on Mobile Client).
- Access Management (Control who can access what entities for Mobile Client in CRM).
- Create and control Business Process & Switching to streamline stages and steps.
- Partial offline functionalities to view your data anytime.
- Communication card to quick view Contact’s information.
- Supports CRM Online and CRM On-Premise (IFD)
- Enhanced HTML5 application.
- Custom Sub-Grid support.
- Enhanced Dashboard visual and elements to interact with charts, analyze data and optimized for touch.
- Ability to show what entities you want to see for mobile express.
*Mobile Client of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
*Current Opportunity Form for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
There will not be any third-party software or solution you have to download to access the Mobile Client. You will have access to all the Mobile Client functionalities right out the box with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013.
In addition, there will not be a separate license fee for the Mobile Client. However, your CRM license will increase in cost due to the new Mobile Client.
From a cost-effective standpoint, this will eliminate the need of current third-party mobile solutions such as Resco’s Mobility for CRM or other mobile solutions.
The Mobile Client in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 will be a major change because it allows more freedom and extensibility in how you see your CRM information, access it, and control it to meet your organization’s needs.
If you are looking for upgrade support to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, RSM offers a full range of services from implementation and optimization to development and support, contact our professionals at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By: Hien Tieu – New Jersey Microsoft Dynamics CRM partner