I had run into an issue that was new for me. I had been connected to a test Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online instance for a week building out jobs and when we went to connect to production I was getting an “Access Denied” error. I knew I had the login credentials and organization correct but couldn’t get it to connect. I then noticed that the default “CRM Online URL” that Scribe Online CRM adapter pre-populates is “https://disco.crm.dynamics.com” I noticed that on the developer resources page in CRM Customizations it had “https://disco.crm9.dynamics.com.”
As soon as I changed that value in the “Manage Connections” screen of Scribe Online CRM adapter, the connection test succeeded. A simple fix and something that was an oversight on my part in the stress to migrate to a production environment.
I hope this saves you a little bit of time!
Microsoft Dynamics Community News – if you like these tips then subscribe to our Microsoft Dynamics Community News publication. Or contact our Dynamics CRM experts at RSM 855-437-7202
by Josh Thompson for RSM